What It Claims
Biolage Smoothing serum smoothes dry, frizzy, and unruly hair. A fusion of taming polymers and avocado and grape seed oils gently envelopes hair to control frizz and seal in smoothness without weight. Hair stays shiny, nourished, and manageable all day.
How To Use
Work a small amount of product in hands and apply evenly through damp hair. Blow-dry or style as desired. Can be re-applied throughout the day for added shine and frizz control.
Rs. 255 for 100 ml
- The serum is pretty light weight and does not weigh down your hair irrespective of the amount you use.
- Makes hair easy to manage when applied on wet hair and helps get rid of tangles.
- Decently priced for a serum.
- Has a lovely fresh scent to it.
- Did not make my hair overly oily despite using copious amounts(?)
- Works great as a heat protection serum before using hot styling equipments.
- It helps sort out frizz but after a while the effect wears off.
- If you have extremely dry hair the serum won't work.Which is disappointing since it's meant to be a smoothing serum.Once I applied almost a quarter of a bottle to my hair (after trying to sleep in braids to get curls) and it just wouldn't calm down the frizzes.
- Does not make my hair look or feel glossy or shiny.I had highlights done on my hair recently and the ends sometimes look dry and straw like(what happens after a combination of colour and rebonding chemicals).Every time I use the serum expecting it to give some life to the dry ends it fails.
- It might be decently priced for a serum but way overpriced for a hair product that does not live up to its claims.
Love It Or Chuck It
I started using the serum when I had just gotten rebonding done and at that time it worked just fine.I guess because my hair was super smooth to begin with.But after my natural hair started growing back, this serum was rendered absolutely useless, courtesy my crazily frizzy actual mane.If you have sleek and smooth hair to start with, the serum might work for you but for coarser, drier hair it won't do anything and if you have fine hair it will simply make your hair limp.The serum itself is pretty runny and light weight maybe just a bit too much.And ever since I have discovered the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Serum, this one has been Chucked right off my hair care shelf.In fact the entire Biolage range has been a colossal disappointment. Definitely not worth a repurchase.